Do you work with clients who are struggling with the transition to motherhood? Unsure how to effectively address common, yet historically taboo, postpartum issues such as intrusive thoughts, mom guilt, anxiety, rage, and burnout? Join Caitlin Slavens and Chelsea Bodie, Registered Psychologists, authors, moms, and co-founders of the widely popular @MamaPsychologists Instagram page for this 3-hour training!
- Recognize the warning signs of Postpartum Depression (PPD) and other key indicators that a mother needs support.
- Utilize CBT, somatic, and emotion-focused interventions to help clients explore and navigate intrusive thoughts, anxiety, burnout, and rage in a shame-free way.
- Evaluate whether a postpartum client’s symptoms require a referral to a higher level of care.
- Explore tools that you can add to your therapeutic toolbox when working with moms
- And so much more!
Anxiety in Motherhood: Exploring Intrusive Thoughts, Rumination, and Guilt
- The many faces of postpartum anxiety
- What to look and listen for with new moms
- What makes a thought intrusive, and why do they happen?
- When intrusive thoughts become a medical emergency
- Common triggers
Understanding Burnout, Anger, and Rage in Motherhood
- Key indicators of burnout
- Prevalence and presentation of burnout in motherhood
- Rage as a sign of unmet needs
- Common sources of rage
Clinical Interventions for the Postpartum Mother
- Understanding the nuances of treating mothers who are exhausted and symptomatic.
- CBT, somatic, and emotion-focused interventions
- 13+ tangible coping strategies she can use right away.
- The role of medications in treating symptoms of postpartum anxiety and depression.
- How to assess for and refer to a higher level of care
- Limitations of the research and potential risks
Start times for this three-hour webinar are:
- 8:00am PST
- 9:00am MST
- 10:00am CST
- 11:00pm EST
- 12:00pm AST
- 12:30pm NST
Those viewing the recorded webinar will still be eligible for continuing education credits. Earn 3 Continuing Education (CE) credits from the Canadian Psychological Association for attending this event.
Build Great Teams is approved by the Canadian Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. Build Great Teams maintains responsibility for the program. The CPA’s approval of an individual, group, or organization as a CE Sponsor or Provider is restricted to the activities described in the approved application or annual report form. The CPA’s approval does not extend to any other CE activity the Sponsor or Provider might offer. In granting its approval, the CPA assumes no legal or financial obligations to Sponsors, Providers, or to those individuals who might participate in a Sponsor or Provider’s CE activities or programs. Further, responsibility for the content, provision, and delivery of any CE activity approved by the CPA remains that of the CE Sponsor or Provider. The CPA disclaims all legal liability associated with the content, provision, and delivery of the approved CE activity.
An early bird discount of $10 is available until March 1st using coupon mampsychologists at checkout.
A student discount of 25% is available with the use of an educational email address using the coupon code student